RSPCA SHOP MANAGER ASSISTANT
RSPCA Milton Keynes & North Bucks is an independently registered charity carrying out its direct animal welfare work in the areas of Milton Keynes and surrounding villages. The objects of the Branch are to promote the work and objectives of the Society - to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals by all lawful means.
JOB TITLE: RSPCA Shop Manager Assistant (Permanent)
REPORTS TO: RSPCA Shop Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Volunteers
SALARY: £12807.60HOURS: 30 hours including Saturdays
HOLIDAYS: 4 weeks per year plus statutory
LOCATION: High Street in Newport Pagnell, Church Street in Stony Stratford and Queensway in Bletchley
PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure the smooth day to day running of the shop. To maximise shop sales, achieve sales targets, control shop expenses, recruit and motivate a team of volunteers, and understand and practice good customer service, whilst working within Branch and Society policies, and promoting the work of the RSPCA. It is a physical role. Profits from the shop directly fund our work helping local animals so this is an outstanding opportunity for someone with empathy for the RSPCA's principles to make a real difference to animal welfare.
• To maximise shop sales through proactive stock generation, optimum pricing. To manage stock
rotation/collection between all shops.
• To recognise and implement opportunities for additional income.
• To ensure minimum losses of both stock and cash by following bank and till procedures, and safeguarding the property of the Branch at all times.
• To be responsible for opening and closing the shop at the agreed times, and
ensuring opening hours are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure shop is fully manned during opening times including holidays and sickness.
• To maintain high levels of shop presentation by merchandising and housekeeping to
• To successfully delegate tasks to staff according to their strengths. To identify and
address training needs of staff, such as use of tills.
• To encourage donors of goods to enrol on Gift Aid.
• To provide excellent customer care through quality of service, dealing with
complaints both efficiently and effectively.
• To comply with all current legislation in regard to Health and Safety and Data
• To recruit, support and retain volunteers by providing the direction, training and
motivation necessary to secure their competence and commitment. To encourage an
active involvement in shop activities.
A supporter of the RSPCA and the branch, you will have previous retail experience and be
commercially minded with the ability to identify and exploit income opportunities. Possessing
a creative flair with an eye for detail, you will be highly selective and organised when sorting,
pricing and presenting stock.
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Appreciation and understanding of retail operations.
• Significant knowledge and understanding of high street retail fashion.
• Solid experience of managing a diverse team of people.
• Excellent communicator.
• Highly motivated with drive and enthusiasm.
• Creative thinker able to generate new ideas and initiatives.
• Organised and a self-starter.
• Outgoing and energetic.
Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in retail.
• GCSE English and Maths
• Full driving licence and own transport
To apply please email your application to Sally: email@example.com
Closing date end of Friday 5th April 2019